SCOPE OF JOB
Requires Class A license. Duties include the loading and unloading of harvesting equipment for delivery to customers. Experience pulling trailers. Delivery will require overnight stays as needed to meet delivery schedule. May provide assistance to Sales personnel by performing equipment demonstrations during harvest. Operates a forklift.
- Basic math and reading skills required.
- Minimum 1-2 years Class A driving experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Requires Class A license
- Experience pulling trailers
- Timely delivery and/or pick-up of new/used equipment at dealer and customer locations as directed
- Delivery will require overnight stays as needed to meet delivery schedule
- Mechanical and hydraulic knowledge needed to answer basic questions about machinery
- May provide assistance to Sales personnel by performing equipment demonstrations during harvest
- Maintain appearance and condition of truck and trailer; schedule repair appointments with repair shop, address any issues from previous trip
- Maintain all required driving related regulatory documentation; to be submitted within 5 days of trip
- Ability to effectively manage time with high degree of self-motivation to complete assigned tasks on time with awareness of time constraints and urgency of service repair/delivery requirements
- Time-keeping, work-order and inventory record keeping as required
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, customers and vendors
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Required to observe factory work schedules by being on time, in your work area ready to work and remaining on task throughout the workday
- Required to work Overtime in excess of 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and Saturdays per the factory production schedule
Successful performance impacts the daily operation by meeting delivery schedule targets, department goals, and providing quality service for our customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math and reading skills required
- Minimum 1-2 years Class A driving experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Works relatively independently with guidance and supervision from superior manager. Assignments given in the form of goals/objectives. Work reviewed by manager for soundness of judgment, overall completeness and accuracy.
As assigned by supervisor
- Works under lead personnel direction and general supervision
- Keep chains and binders in good order; properly stored in trailer boxes
- Exterior of truck must be washed weekly
- Fill out delivery/pick up forms with customer information
- Observe factory policies
Cognitive skills to move from one task to another, attend to numerical detail, manage time appropriately, reason, process and interpret information. Cognitive skills for information processing, and interpretation, numerical and verbal intelligence. Visual acuity to inspect product, interpret written data, maintain accurate records, and respond to direction, plant floor traffic and emergency warnings. Speaking and hearing skills in order to converse verbally, by telephone and in person.
Use of hands for simple and firm grasping, repetitive motion, fine and gross manipulation to reach and handle equipment. Ability to stand for extended periods of time during the shift. Ability to walk about the manufacturing area. Able to bend, stretch, twist, stoop or reach with your body, arms and/or legs in order to install, position and move materials. Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Ability to lift using appropriate biomechanical techniques during an eight to ten hour day. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds, level lift up to 13 pounds and lift overhead up to 10 pounds. Must be able to frequently push or pull up to 50 pounds. Additional physical requirements are described on the attached matrix.
Ability to climb up on trailer and climb down off trailer to load and unload equipment and properly tie down load. Must be able to comfortably sit in the cab of harvesting equipment, to operate all controls safely with the door closed, to load, unload and demonstrate equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dust and Particulates
- Fumes and Chemicals
- Loud Noise
- Factory environment and outdoor work
- Seasonal temperatures; Hot and cold (40-110F)
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- Work Boots
NOTE: THIS JOB SPECIFICATION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES/FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES/FUNCTIONS REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.