SCOPE OF JOB
Cleans and preps material before and after painting parts and equipment. May operate a spray painter to apply industrial paint finishes on metal products. Works in manner that consistently produces a quality finished product.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Set up and operate equipment related to paint preparation and operations
- Ability to safely lift metal parts in order to move them from one location to another
- Ability to operate electric hand tools for grinding, sanding and deburring
- Works collaboratively with other members within functional area as well as throughout the organization
- Performs all activities in the factory following Company safety guidelines
- Ability to work factory schedules including overtime and Saturdays per production schedule
- Ability to be on time, in your work area ready to work and remaining on task throughout the workday in order to complete assignments on time
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
This position impacts the daily operation by meeting production schedule targets, department goals, and providing quality products for our internal and external customers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic math and reading skills preferred
- Ability to follow instructions required
- Able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job preferred
Works under lead personnel direction and general supervision. Assignments given in the form of work orders and work instructions. First article inspection required for all job assignments.
As assigned by supervisor.
Cognitive skills to move from one task to another, attend to numerical detail, manage time appropriately, reason, process and interpret information. Cognitive skills for information processing, and interpretation, numerical and verbal intelligence. Visual acuity to inspect product, interpret written data, maintain accurate records, and respond to direction, plant floor traffic and emergency warnings. Speaking and hearing skills in order to converse verbally, by telephone and in person.
Use of hands for simple and firm grasping, repetitive motion, fine and gross manipulation to reach and handle equipment. Ability to stand for extended periods of time during the shift. Ability to walk about the manufacturing area. Able to bend, stretch, twist, stoop or reach with your body, arms and/or legs in order to install, position and move materials. Ability to lift using appropriate biomechanical techniques during an eight to ten hour day. Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds, level lift up to 13 pounds and lift overhead up to 10 pounds. Must be able to frequently push or pull up to 50 pounds. Additional physical requirements are described on the attached matrix. Ability to work in an enclosed paint booth environment and wear a respirator and/or face mask.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dust and Particulates
- Fumes and Chemicals
- Loud Noise
- Works outside under overhang covering
- Exposure to seasonal heat, cold and humidity
- Work closely with other departments (including but not limited to): Material Control, Assembly and Development
- Observe factory policies
- Willingness to learn or be trained in additional assembly/fabrication practices
- Keep work area and tools neat and orderly
Safety glasses, hearing protection, work boots and protective clothing, masks related to paint operations.
NOTE: THIS JOB SPECIFICATION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES/FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES/FUNCTIONS REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.