SCOPE OF JOB
Use MIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies for nut harvesting equipment while meeting a defined production schedule. Lay out, fit and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames. Knowledge of welding techniques and interpretation of engineering drawing specifications. Performs duties with an attention to detail and accuracy. Comfortable using various weld positions to complete a task. Familiar with the use and location of fixtures. Recognizes defects and integrity issues in weld.
- Minimum 1-2 years welding experience; prefer 3-5 years.
- Basic math and reading skills required.
- Able to read a tape measure down to 1/32″.
- Good mechanical skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Analyzes, lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly according to specifications, using required measurement tools to ensure accuracy
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Operate Oxy/Acetylene cutting torch
- Accurately adjust welder voltage and wire speed for various material thicknesses
- Remove rough spots from work piece using portable grinder or hand file
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies
- Accurately examines weld quality looking for defects and conformance to quality standards and specifications
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade
- Ability to operate crane
- Operate equipment safely, wear required personal protective equipment and use safe work habits
- Ability to effectively manage time with high degree of self-motivation to complete assigned tasks on time
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Required to observe factory work schedules by being on time, in your work area ready to work and remaining on task throughout the workday
- Required to work Overtime in excess of 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and Saturdays per the factory production schedule
Successful performance impacts the daily operation by meeting production schedule targets, department goals, and providing quality products for our internal and external customers.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math and reading skills required
- Able to read a tape measure down to 1/32” required
- Minimum 1-2 years welding experience required; prefer 3-5 years
- Minimum experience requirement can be met when certified through welding program
- Good mechanical skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Works relatively independently with guidance and supervision from superior manager. Assignments given in the form of goals/objectives. Work reviewed by manager for soundness of judgment, overall completeness and accuracy.
As assigned by supervisor
- Works under lead personnel direction and general supervision
- Willingness to learn or be trained in additional assembly/fabrication practices
- Keep work area and tools neat and orderly
- Observe factory policies
Cognitive skills to move from one task to another, attend to numerical detail, manage time appropriately, reason, process and interpret information. Cognitive skills for information processing, and interpretation, numerical and verbal intelligence. Visual acuity to inspect product, interpret written data, maintain accurate records, and respond to direction, plant floor traffic and emergency warnings. Speaking and hearing skills in order to converse verbally, by telephone and in person.
Use of hands for simple and firm grasping, repetitive motion, fine and gross manipulation to reach and handle equipment. Ability to stand for extended periods of time during the shift. Ability to walk about the manufacturing area and bend. Ability to lift using appropriate bio-mechanical techniques during an eight to ten hour day. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds, level lift up to 13 pounds and lift overhead up to 10 pounds. Must be able to frequently push or pull up to 50 pounds. Additional physical requirements are described on the attached matrix.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dust and Particulates
- Fumes and Chemicals
- Loud Noise
- Seasonal heat, humidity and cold
Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Work Boots, Welding Hood, Protective Clothing for Welding, and leathers.
NOTE: THIS JOB SPECIFICATION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES/FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES/FUNCTIONS REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.