To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Create new and improve existing CAD models and engineering drawings using Solid Works
- Design and develop electrical control systems
- Create schematics for mobile electrical and hydraulic systems
- Create and maintain the operation, service and replacement parts manuals
- Work to improve the accuracy of Solid Works drawings and ERP system bill of materials
- Review ECO’s prior to release for part form, fit, function and documentation accuracy
- Work collaboratively with other design engineers as part of the product development team
- Work with manufacturing engineering to improve documentation and resolve fit issues
- Perform activities in the factory or field environment following Company safety guidelines
This position impacts the organization by providing accurate information to produce quality machinery in a timely and cost effective manner. This position will provide opportunity in product development and enhancement by staying abreast of available technologies. Understanding the external environment that affects the design of equipment such as terrain, customer specific needs and regulatory requirements will enhance the Company’s ability to increase profitability by meeting the needs of our customers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- B.S. in Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent education/experience a plus
- Work experience as an engineer, drafter, technician, or mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Application and interpretation of drawing tolerances, GD&T and weld symbols
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Awareness of time constraints, urgency, and on-time performance of all duties
- Proficient with CAD part/assembly modeling and drafting – preferably SolidWorks
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat
Works relatively independently with guidance and supervision from superior manager. Assignments given in the form of goals/objectives. Work reviewed by manager for soundness of judgment, overall completeness and accuracy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and to sit in performing computer functions. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and/or heavy fabrication equipment and can be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and/or hazardous chemicals. When required to be in the field conditions can be seasonally hot or cold and dusty.
Job duties are performed in a production and/or office environment utilizing standard equipment, such as a computer, photocopier, telephone, hand tools, fabrication and test equipment. Noise level is usually moderate to loud, based on specific activities.
- Work closely with other departments (including but not limited to): materials, purchasing, parts sales and manufacturing
- Design and document tooling and fixtures to assure repeatable manufacture of products
- Travel to suppliers, customers, and industry locations may be required
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Industry experience
- Electrical system documentation experience, primarily 12 VDC
- Hydraulic system documentation experience
- Solid Works hose routing experience
- ERP/MRP system experience – preferably Epicor
- FEA experience – preferably SolidWorks Simulation and Flow Simulation
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Work performed in designated areas may require appropriate safety precautions and protective equipment such as eye and hearing protection.
NOTE: THIS JOB SPECIFICATION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES/FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES/FUNCTIONS REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.